For Johnny Sheil real estate is a family business. Having watched his father, John Sheil, work as a REALTOR® for over 25 years, he decided to follow in his footsteps. After getting his real estate license, they created a dynamic team (Sheil Realty Team) and have been serving Rhode Island together for the past two and a half years.
Johnny attributes most of his business to repeat and referral clients who know that they can count on him at any time. “They know we’re willing to work seven days a week, pick up the phone Sunday at 7:00pm, and do showings on Saturday at 8:30am.” He doesn’t take their loyalty for granted. “I can’t thank our clients enough. They are the reason all of this is possible,” he says. Not only is he thankful for his clients, but most of them also end up becoming a permanent fixture in his life. “Pretty much all of our clients turn into our friends. We go out to lunch, see each other on the weekends, and go to events together. It’s fairly easy for us to keep in touch.”
Some people might be wary at the idea of working with their parent, but for Johnny it comes with many benefits. Because of his close relationship with his dad, they are able to communicate without a hitch and can get things done quicker than most other teams. His father’s years of knowledge and experience also put Johnny on a fast-track to learning everything he needed to know about the business from the man he trusted. “The first thing my father taught me about this business was ‘if you’re going to get in this business, you have to work every single day.’” According to Johnny, that stands true. “I think people realize how much time and effort we put into it, and that makes them feel comfortable when they’re working with us.”
The father and son duo were able to hit the ground running and have been successful right off the bat. The average price range of Johnny’s listings is between $300k to $800k, and he meticulously markets them in every single avenue he can think of, from the internet to newspapers. “We advertise our listings as if we’re selling our own house,” he says. As for his wishes for the future of the business, he hopes to continue working with new and past clients, as well as magnify the growth of the business annually. “We want to double our business every year.”
Outside of work Johnny coaches the local hockey team and enjoys spending time with his family and friends. But real estate remains his true passion. “I love what I do. I love the hustle. I love working with my father. I love waking up in the morning and meeting new people. And I love working with past people as well. Every day I go into work truly excited.”
*Source Top Agent Magazine April 2020
How We Can Help You Sell a Home
Helping find a buyer for your home is only one facet of a real estate professional’s job. There are many more aspects including explaining the basic real estate practices and principles and all the related paperwork, Performing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to help determine your home’s value, helping to prepare your home for sale, listing your home, marketing your home, keeping you informed throughout the process. When the sale begins, it’s important to work with someone who will assist you with the paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, make sure deadlines are met, and work with the escrow company.
By working with us, you will:
- Be more likely to realize the highest return on the sale of your home
- Reduce the number of days your home is on the market
- Become familiar with all the terms, processes and paperwork involved in selling your home
- Have confidence that your home will enjoy exposure to more buyers and agents with qualified buyers
- Receive regularly updated market information that will enable you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf
- Have peace of mind knowing that all the details of your sale are being handled properly by a licensed and trained professional
How I Can Help You Buy a Home
Whether it’s your first home or if you’re an experienced buyer, purchasing a home is a complex process. By working with us, you’ll find a home in the neighborhood where you want to live, one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality and value.
Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, we will guide you through the process of making an offer; negotiating the terms of the sale; getting your potential purchase inspected, repaired and appraised; and closing the sale.
When you work with us, you will:
- Be more likely to find the home that meets all your criteria
- Lessen the amount of time it will take to find your home
- Understand all the terms, processes and documents used when buying your home
- Have up-to-date market information that will allow you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf, one who is committed to looking after your best interests
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing that all the details of your purchase are being taken care of by an experienced and knowledgeable professional